need support

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: need support
From: neffster@bemail.com
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 15:02:58 -700
Gang,

   Ok, here's the scenario: I decided I'm taking my 14 yr old son on a 'buddy'

trip to visit old friends in Utah - about 580 miles, leaving this Thursday PM.

In the Roadster. Now sure there's an element of risk in taking a 30 yr old car

out on the road, whose parts generally have to be mail ordered (around here).

   Amazingly, my wife is cool about this (well, we DO have a cellphone and a

credit card), but everyone else is: "You're going in THAT?!" "you're not
serious!" "I'm still trying to figure out how you fit in it just to drive
around town!". Not being a sucker to peer pressure, I've ignored them all. But

boy I'd sure like hear some support from some of you who understand! :) I've

got tools, spare parts, car's running better than it ever has in the 12k miles

I've put on it in the last 2 yrs. Why not? I'll never try Shasta, Solvang, or

Doheny if I listen to these folks!
   Anyway, perhaps a road report next week if anyone's interested.

dan.
Dan Neff   '69 2000
neffster@bemail.com
Colorado Springs,CO