RE: need support

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: need support
From: neffster@bemail.com
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 10:25:32 -700
Ooohh I feel better already! :) Thanks for all the feedback! It's WONDERFUL
know there's folks out there that think this is a GREAT idea (besides me)!

I appreciate the parts pointers. I've got most of the mentioned parts, tools,

and fluids recommended. I replaced the coil (worked, but it looked rusted!)

and fan belt last week, and am taking the oldies as spares. Put a rebuilt
distributor on last fall, and points (that came with it) seem to need
adjusting every few thousand miles, so I've got a spare set. Timing chain
sounds wonderful (can't hear it).

It's cool some of y'all have done trips like this with a kid. Phil Erickson

said: 'it will be a "trip of a life-time" for you and your son'. Yep!
Took my other son on a motorcycle trip a few years ago, broke (a plate in) the

battery on a mongo road construction bump, and realized yeah, worst case isn't

some mechanical failure, worst case is letting it get to you (we had a blast).

Thanks Kerry Z for the offer to connect with your bro if need be. I have
several friends in the Provo/Orem area including 2 car dealership
owner/managers, so I figure WORST case, I might have to drive home in a
different car than I went out in! Frankly, I'm trying to avoid any
'opportunity' to get on I-15 around SLC anyway ;( .. but thanks..

Well, I certainly hope this opens the door to more trips in the future! I'm

already drooling over the idea of Robert Hewitson's five day tour around
southern Australia, and Phyllis' (dats4us) Pacific NW coastal trip with my
wife!

thanks all,
dan
Dan Neff   '69 2000