Fwd: need support

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: need support
From: BERKEN@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 23:53:09 EDT
--part1_b0e3639a.244ea5a5_boundary

In a message dated 04/20/1999 9:49:58 PM Mountain Daylight Time, BERKEN
writes:

<< In a message dated 04/20/1999 4:13:14 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
neffster@bemail.com writes:

 << Gang,

     Ok, here's the scenario: I decided I'm taking my 14 yr old son on a
'buddy'

  trip to visit old friends in Utah - about 580 miles, leaving this Thursday
PM.

  In the Roadster. Now sure there's an element of risk in taking a 30 yr old
car

  out on the road, whose parts generally have to be mail ordered (around
here).

     Amazingly, my wife is cool about this (well, we DO have a cellphone and a

  credit card), but everyone else is: "You're going in THAT?!" "you're not
  serious!" "I'm still trying to figure out how you fit in it just to drive
  around town!". Not being a sucker to peer pressure, I've ignored them all.
But

  boy I'd sure like hear some support from some of you who understand! :) I've

  got tools, spare parts, car's running better than it ever has in the 12k
miles

  I've put on it in the last 2 yrs. Why not? I'll never try Shasta, Solvang,
or

  Doheny if I listen to these folks!
     Anyway, perhaps a road report next week if anyone's interested.

  dan.
  -------------------
  Dan Neff   '69 2000
  neffster@bemail.com
  Colorado Springs,CO
  -------------------
  http://netwinsite.com

 Dan,
 Two summers ago, I and one of my twin boys (17 at the time) made a trip from
Albuquerque to Stillwater OK for my niece's wedding. The only trouble we had
the whole way was we had a momentary misfire at about 1:00 am, presumably due
to some bad gas, and once I got there the engine was knocking a bit because
of the lower altitude (automatically raises the compression) so I retarded
the the timing a little bit.  We had a great time! And yes, everyone was very
surprised we had come that far in such a little car.

 Good luck and go for it!

 Joseph Berkenbile
 70 1600
 Albuquerque