Re: FJ20 conversion?

To: csp311@telia.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: FJ20 conversion?
From: DemonTSi@aol.com
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 07:44:50 EDT
In a message dated 06/05/2001 4:19:30 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
csp311@telia.com writes:

> 500 hp at the wheels would require minimum
> of four 650 cc injectors.

yup, four 72 lb/hr injectors running at high pressure

> 500 hp at the wheels would require a Garret T04BB
> with T76 trim running at ~30 psi or any other turbo
> with equal flow capacity for 75% efficiency.

a stage 5 turbo with a 60 trim compressor wheel in a .60 a/r housing.. ball
bearing too. the 490some hp figure was achieved at 27psi I believe.

> 500 hp at the wheels at 6500 rpm is 540 Nm at the
> same rpm. SR20DET peak torque with bolt-on
> aftermarket parts is somewhere around 4000 rpm
> where 2/3 of max. hp is reasonable to expect

This particular car made 440hp to the wheels on a dyno day event I attended
on a saturday... 3 days later, they tuned it a bit more and got 490some to
the wheels. CRAZY!! Internal mods consist of 87mm forged pistons, and cams...
and that's about it from what I know. Of course, those super power figures
were attained with high boost, and I think they just wanted to see how far
they could push the envelope. when the car is driven daily, the boost is
turned down A LOT of course!

\/ /\ /\/
www.sr20parts.com - updated 5.28.01
Ares Engineering - coming soon(er or later)