Re: Motor & transmission

To: Tom Hendricksen <tom@fransfancies.com>
Subject: Re: Motor & transmission
From: Thomas Walter <twalter@austin.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2003 07:02:16 -0500
Tom,

Just a heads up on this.

Australian motors are typically much higher mileage than ones sourced
from Japan.

Best bet is to deal with someone who has a good reputation, and makes
sure they pull their motors from low mileage, well maintained vehicles.

I'll toss in a plug for www.spriso.com  -- one of the guys is a regular
on our list, but doesn't play it up at all.

Imported some Land Cruiser parts from Australia... the "shipping charge"
seemed reasonable, but did NOT include port, dock, transfer, rail,
transfer, and about a dozen other folks with their hands out for $50
each time someone touched the cargo. Ahem, about another $1000
(thankfully split 6 ways), but the Australian shipper said "won't happen
again... "

Tom Walter