Re: Motor & transmission

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Motor & transmission
From: "Andy Cost" <andycost@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 22:21:38 -0500
Olds,
> $300

Did they ever offer the Quad four with a rear drive?  Are there any
transmissions that work with it?  There is an Achieva down the street that
has been sitting wrecked on a trailer for three years now.  It could be
cheap.  I need a trailer too.

I was looking at Ford Taurus SHO motors.  They are really strong runners and
look way cool.  You can use the bellhousing from an Aerostar van and a T-5
to make a rear drive.  It might not fit too well.  I measured the 302 in my
87 Mustang GT and it looked like it would drop right in.  How about a turbo
2 liter from an 80's vintage dodge.  They are plentiful and make 250 hp with
little effort.

There are lots of good bench racing ideas out there.