Motor & Transmission

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Motor & Transmission
From: <68datsun@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 11:34:46 -0400
Hi List

Things are kinda slow here at work so I thought I would sneak an e-mail.

I didn't realize the number of responses I would get  (about 45 e-mails and
still coming) and the kind of advice there is out there.  Thanks to some sage
advice, I don't think I'll be getting into a more modern motor.

After sending out my request for info the other day.  I took the car out for a
spin.  Had it going somewhere's between 85 and 90 MPH across a straight stretch
of highway about 5-6 miles long (no RCMP around, so I let her go!!!   "Way
cool" !!!!!   Never had her going that fast before.  Had it hard to the floor
though :-).  Not too shabby, eh?  Better at the top end than bottom.  Maybe I
should leave well enough alone.    Hubby says that there is a lot more to it
than just dropping in a different motor & transmission. Stuff about wiring
harness, some sort of hydraulics for the gauges, to name a few, he says.    But
I  really want to have something that is as original as possible.

I will keep everybody's e-mail and will contact those who had provided me with
approximate costs, etc.

PS, for those of you who had asked, I live in Dorchester, New Brunswick,
Canada..about 3.5 hours drive from the Calais, ME border.  Looks like there's
lots of motors & tranny in Calif.

Thanks for you help.

Naomi Lamb
68 1600