fot

Re: Proposed new member with a 'Gloria'

To: Paul-Richardson@cyberware.co.uk, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Proposed new member with a 'Gloria'
From: TRBILBO@AOL.COM
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 22:41:57 EST
Despite the fact that I know i will offend a few ... the proposer maybe ...
the nominee for sure .... I just wanted to ask as politely as possible about
the charter of the FOT.

The recent nomination of a no doubt delightful fellow and enthusiast but a
sterling member of FOT gave me pause to ponder the purpose of the FOT site. I
belong to many Triumph sites and mail lists but thought FOT required you to
own, desire to own, formerly own or participate or have related racing
experience in some competitive fashion. As broad as we'd like to state it, I
thought (right or wrong and I would gladly be corrected) there was to be a
racing theme (and of course the kindly use for VTR correspondence/business as
appropriate) to this mail list.

Now PLEASE don't send me burning emails....I am asking just for some
clarification because I know MANY great guys with collectible pieces of TR
history but didn't think it was appropriate to bring them on board. I know we
have "no rules - no dues" and I love that.

Just curious what the 'founding fathers' feel our future FOT maill ist
direction should be, given the rapid growth of the email as it is.

Again...no offense intended to any ...

Or tell me to shut up and go have another Guiness...I could do that too.
Smile.

Thanks all.

Bill