fot

RE: Proposed new member with a 'Gloria'

To: "'N197TR4@cs.com '" <N197TR4@cs.com>,
Subject: RE: Proposed new member with a 'Gloria'
From: Jim Hill <Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 00:20:55 -0600

Among other things, Joe Alexander wrote:

>In my mind, the list should be made up 'primarily'
>of past, present, and future (in planning)
>competition folks.

I take the greatest pleasure in having been a member of this list in all
three capcities. In the beginning, I was a "past" Triumph racer from the
1960's - lured to the list by Joe but still not all that certain of my own
competition intentions.

Within a short time, thanks to the advice and encouragement of the Alexander
and Jack Drews families and others I met on this list I was a "future" racer
and my TR6 "restoration" had become a full-fledged vintage racing project.

And, in the short time this list has been in existence, I've become a
"current" vintage racer - with VSCDA school and two great race weekends
behind me. Without the assistance, advice and comfort of the people on this
list, I don't think this would ever have happened.

>it would be nice to keep it a small personal
>group with a relevent connection to our passion
>for competition TRs...but not to be construed
>as elitest, nor sexist.

Not elitist? Not sexist? Hold everything - I may have stumbled into the
wrong group . . .          :-)

Jim Hill
Madison WI