fot

Re: Proposed new member with a 'Gloria'

To: TRBILBO@AOL.COM, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Proposed new member with a 'Gloria'
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 00:41:06 EST
Bill in SoCal,

Point well taken and timely, IMO.

The original intent was to connect the current vintage racers together by
internet after the track went "cold" on racing weekends for an exchange of
friendship and ideas. It did not take long before autocrossers and the SCCA
guys joined in.  There are some remaining wannabe racers and some folks who
we never hear from, but that is of no consequence.

The Gloria owners represent a population of two, in North America, have
something unique, and might have something to offer the list...at least they
will take nothing away from it, if we never hear from them....I hope we will.

(BTW,our Coventry Connection is at work researching the origins of the name,
"Gloria", and will report shortly. Jack Drews posed the question and I will
be pleased to hear about a confirmation of the origins of this name...and
Will and Wood should have a few remarks of their own)

However, yes, it would be good not to dilute the intent of the list...which
is/was to connect the competition minded folks together.

Glad you brought this up.

In my mind, the list should be made up 'primarily' of past, present, and
future (in planning) competition folks.

While I am on the soapbox, this group has presented itself very well, indeed,
over the past two years....

Witness really only one sour exhaust note in two years and this was taken
care of in short order, mainly by the perp, as he requested removal from the
list.

Also, witness the heartening & sometimes humorous exchange in the last few
hours regarding fathers and sons and grandfathers as it relates to
Triumphs...Across the US and across the ocean to England. (Justin, BillB,
LeonG, BillW, et.al.)

But again, it would be nice to keep it a small personal group with a relevent
connection to our passion for competition TRs...but not to be construed as
elitest, nor sexist.

Timely remark, Billy...thanks

Finally, I hope I am speaking for Bradakis & Lye, as well. Even though there
are really no "founding fathers", as this FOT entity does not really exist,
except in our hearts and minds....Along with some t-shirts, patches, decals,
and a banner.

Joe

In a message dated 12/9/99 9:42:55 PM Central Standard Time, TRBILBO@AOL.COM