fot

Re: [Fot] Seat belts

To: Todd Redmond <alfetta95@optonline.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Seat belts
From: McKearn McKearn <mckearn2@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2015 16:34:48 -0500
Cc: "fot@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>

--001a1140f27a832b65051d605681

Hi.
 Thanks for the replies.  I'm thinking a four or five point restraint is
what I want but getting the attachment points for the shoulder belts might
be tough. I am considering welding in an attachment bracket between the
rear fenderwells and keeping it hidden below what I would call the rear
seat top or cubby hole top or whatever that area behind the seat is that
currently is carpeted and hides all the junk I put behind the seat. I
thought 1.5 or 2.0 inch steel tubing with .125 wall thickness would be more
than plenty and then screwing 7/16 eye bolts to it through the carpet as
attachment points. That way only the eye bolts and the belts will be
visible from above. Any thoughts?
                   P.J.

On Fri, Aug 14, 2015 at 11:16 PM, Todd Redmond <alfetta95@optonline.net>
wrote:

> Install grade 5 eye hook bolts. Two for the lap belt and two behind the
> drivers seat maybe on the rear bulkhead for the shoulder belts. Location is
> important. Can't be too sharp an angle. I've done this in several
> street/track cars. They work great. The rear hooks on my cars were hidden
> under the rear seat.  Then buy yourself a new 4 pt harness with snap in
> attachments. U are good to go.  If u want to add the 5th hook for the anti
> submarine strap under ur seat, go ahead then get a 5 pt harness.
>
> Thanks
> Todd Redmond
>
> > On Aug 14, 2015, at 11:23 PM, McKearn McKearn <mckearn2@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi All.
> >   I'm looking to upgrade my stock seat belts(68 GT6,  the tech inspector
> let it slide but told me for the next track day I need to improve) but with
> it being mostly a street car with no roll bar I'm limited. Any suggestions?
> >                          Thanks. P.J.
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/alfetta95@optonline.net

--001a1140f27a832b65051d605681

39;m thinking a four or five point restraint is what I want but getting the=
 attachment points for the shoulder belts might be tough. I am considering =
welding in an attachment bracket between the rear fenderwells and keeping i=
t hidden below what I would call the rear seat top or cubby hole top or wha=
tever that area behind the seat is that currently is carpeted and hides all=
 the junk I put behind the seat. I thought 1.5 or 2.0 inch steel tubing wit=
h .125 wall thickness would be more than plenty and then screwing 7/16 eye =
bolts to it through the carpet as attachment points. That way only the eye =
bolts and the belts will be visible from above. Any thoughts?</div><div>=C2=
=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=
br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Fri, Aug 14, 2015 at 11:16 PM, Todd Redmon=
d <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:alfetta95@optonline.net"; target=
ass=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;p=
adding-left:1ex">Install grade 5 eye hook bolts. Two for the lap belt and t=
wo behind the drivers seat maybe on the rear bulkhead for the shoulder belt=
s. Location is important. Can&#39;t be too sharp an angle. I&#39;ve done th=
is in several street/track cars. They work great. The rear hooks on my cars=
 were hidden under the rear seat.=C2=A0 Then buy yourself a new 4 pt harnes=
s with snap in attachments. U are good to go.=C2=A0 If u want to add the 5t=
h hook for the anti submarine strap under ur seat, go ahead then get a 5 pt=
 harness.<br>
Thanks<br>
Todd Redmond<br>
&gt; On Aug 14, 2015, at 11:23 PM, McKearn McKearn &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:mc=
kearn2@gmail.com">mckearn2@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Hi All.<br>
&gt;=C2=A0 =C2=A0I&#39;m looking to upgrade my stock seat belts(68 GT6,=C2=
=A0 the tech inspector let it slide but told me for the next track day I ne=
ed to improve) but with it being mostly a street car with no roll bar I&#39=
;m limited. Any suggestions?<br>
&gt;=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =
=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 Thanks. P.J.<br>
&gt; <a href=3D"mailto:fot@autox.team.net";>fot@autox.team.net</a><br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; <a href=3D"http://www.fot-racing.com"; target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"norefer=