fot

Re: [Fot] Seat belts

To: Joe Alexander <n197tr4@cs.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Seat belts
From: Kas Kastner <kaskastner@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2015 16:56:26 -0700
Cc: "fot@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>

--047d7b2e42f22e5e9e051d767156

It is unlikely that you will grab anything.  A driver I have found will
fight it to the last instant hoping to save the crash, then it is TOO LATE.
Ducking is better form.

*Never be beaten by equipment.*

On Sun, Aug 16, 2015 at 10:43 AM, Joe Alexander <n197tr4@cs.com> wrote:

> [...]
> what I want but getting the attachment points for the shoulder belts might
> be tough. I am considering welding in an attachment bracket between the
> rear fenderwells and keeping it hidden below what I would call the rear
> seat top or cubby hole top or whatever that area behind the seat is that
> currently is carpeted and hides all the junk I put behind the seat. I
> thought 1.5 or 2.0 inch steel tubing with .125 wall thickness would be more
> than plenty and then screwing 7/16 eye bolts to it through the carpet as
> attachment points. That way only the eye bolts and the belts will be
> visible from above. Any thoughts?
> >                   P.J.
> >
> > On Fri, Aug 14, 2015 at 11:16 PM, Todd Redmond <alfetta95@optonline.net
> > Install grade 5 eye hook bolts. Two for the lap belt and two behind the
> drivers seat maybe on the rear bulkhead for the shoulder belts. Location is
> important. Can't be too sharp an angle. I've done this in several
> street/track cars. They work great. The rear hooks on my cars were hidden
> under the rear seat.  Then buy yourself a new 4 pt harness with snap in
> attachments. U are good to go.  If u want to add the 5th hook for the anti
> submarine strap under ur seat, go ahead then get a 5 pt harness.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Todd Redmond
> >
> >> On Aug 14, 2015, at 11:23 PM, McKearn McKearn <mckearn2@gmail.com
> >>
> >> Hi All.
> >>  I'm looking to upgrade my stock seat belts(68 GT6,  the tech inspector
> let it slide but told me for the next track day I need to improve) but with
> it being mostly a street car with no roll bar I'm limited. Any suggestions?
> >>                         Thanks. P.J.
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/alfetta95@optonline.net

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/jhasty@mhc-law.com
> >

> > CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic mail transmission has been sent
> by a law firm on a legal matter. It may contain information that is
> confidential, privileged, proprietary, or otherwise legally exempt from
> disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
> that you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy or disseminate
> this message, any part of it, or any attachments. If you have received this
> message in error, please delete this message and any attachments from your
> system without reading the content and notify the sender immediately of the
> inadvertent transmission. There is no intent on the part of the sender to
> waive any privilege, including the attorney-client privilege, that may
> attach to this communication. Thank you for your cooperation. 11 U.S.C.
> 528(a)(4) NOTICE. We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for
> bankruptcy relief under the federal Bankruptcy Code.
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/n197tr4@cs.com

--047d7b2e42f22e5e9e051d767156

 I have found will fight it to the last instant hoping to save the crash, t=
hen it is TOO LATE. Ducking is better form.</div><div class=3D"gmail_extra"=

der <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:n197tr4@cs.com"; target=3D"_blan=
" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">I=
f you were Masten Gregory, you would just jump.<br>
Joe Alexander<br>
645 1st Street<br>
Jesup, IA 50648<br>
The-vintage-racer.com<br>
Gasketinnovations.com<br>
Cell:=C2=A0 319.464.4711<br>
&gt; On Aug 15, 2015, at 8:00 PM, John Hasty &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:jhasty@m=
hc-law.com">jhasty@mhc-law.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; With no roll bar you should consider the period technique... One lap b=
elt for you and another on the passenger seat tightly drawn so when you fli=
p you can lay down across the seats and grab the passenger lap belt and hol=
d on!!!!!<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Sent from my iPhone<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; On Aug 15, 2015, at 5:35 PM, &quot;McKearn McKearn&quot; &lt;<a href=
=3D"mailto:mckearn2@gmail.com";>mckearn2@gmail.com</a>&lt;mailto:<a href=3D"=
mailto:mckearn2@gmail.com";>mckearn2@gmail.com</a>&gt;&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Hi.<br>
&gt; Thanks for the replies.=C2=A0 I&#39;m thinking a four or five point re=
straint is what I want but getting the attachment points for the shoulder b=
elts might be tough. I am considering welding in an attachment bracket betw=
een the rear fenderwells and keeping it hidden below what I would call the =
rear seat top or cubby hole top or whatever that area behind the seat is th=
at currently is carpeted and hides all the junk I put behind the seat. I th=
ought 1.5 or 2.0 inch steel tubing with .125 wall thickness would be more t=
han plenty and then screwing 7/16 eye bolts to it through the carpet as att=
achment points. That way only the eye bolts and the belts will be visible f=
rom above. Any thoughts?<br>
&gt;=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0P.=
J.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; On Fri, Aug 14, 2015 at 11:16 PM, Todd Redmond &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:a=
lfetta95@optonline.net">alfetta95@optonline.net</a>&lt;mailto:<a href=3D"ma=
ilto:alfetta95@optonline.net">alfetta95@optonline.net</a>&gt;&gt; wrote:<br=

&gt; Install grade 5 eye hook bolts. Two for the lap belt and two behind th=
e drivers seat maybe on the rear bulkhead for the shoulder belts. Location =
is important. Can&#39;t be too sharp an angle. I&#39;ve done this in severa=
l street/track cars. They work great. The rear hooks on my cars were hidden=
 under the rear seat.=C2=A0 Then buy yourself a new 4 pt harness with snap =
in attachments. U are good to go.=C2=A0 If u want to add the 5th hook for t=
he anti submarine strap under ur seat, go ahead then get a 5 pt harness.<br=

&gt;<br>
&gt; Thanks<br>
&gt; Todd Redmond<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; On Aug 14, 2015, at 11:23 PM, McKearn McKearn &lt;<a href=3D"mailt=
o:mckearn2@gmail.com">mckearn2@gmail.com</a>&lt;mailto:<a href=3D"mailto:mc=
kearn2@gmail.com">mckearn2@gmail.com</a>&gt;&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; Hi All.<br>
&gt;&gt;=C2=A0 I&#39;m looking to upgrade my stock seat belts(68 GT6,=C2=A0=
 the tech inspector let it slide but told me for the next track day I need =
to improve) but with it being mostly a street car with no roll bar I&#39;m =
limited. Any suggestions?<br>
&gt;&gt;=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=
=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0Thanks. P.J.<br>
&gt;&gt; _______________________________________________<br>
&gt;&gt; <a href=3D"mailto:fot@autox.team.net";>fot@autox.team.net</a>&lt;ma=
ilto:<a href=3D"mailto:fot@autox.team.net";>fot@autox.team.net</a>&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; <a href=3D"http://www.fot-racing.com"; target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"nor=
eferrer">http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; Donate: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html"; target=3D"_bla=
nk" rel=3D"noreferrer">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
&gt;&gt; Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive"; target=3D"_blank"=
 rel=3D"noreferrer">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
&gt;&gt; Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums"; target=3D"_blank" r=
el=3D"noreferrer">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
ns/fot/alfetta95@optonline.net" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">http:/=
/autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/alfetta95@optonline.net</a><br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; <a href=3D"mailto:fot@autox.team.net";>fot@autox.team.net</a>&lt;mailto=
:<a href=3D"mailto:fot@autox.team.net";>fot@autox.team.net</a>&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; <a href=3D"http://www.fot-racing.com"; target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"norefer=
rer">http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Donate: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html"; target=3D"_blank" =
rel=3D"noreferrer">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
&gt; Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive"; target=3D"_blank" rel=
=3D"noreferrer">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
&gt; Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums"; target=3D"_blank" rel=
=3D"noreferrer">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
ot/jhasty@mhc-law.com" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">http://autox.te=
am.net/mailman/options/fot/jhasty@mhc-law.com</a><br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic mail transmission has been sen=
t by a law firm on a legal matter. It may contain information that is confi=
dential, privileged, proprietary, or otherwise legally exempt from disclosu=
re. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you=
 are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy or disseminate this messag=
e, any part of it, or any attachments. If you have received this message in=
 error, please delete this message and any attachments from your system wit=
hout reading the content and notify the sender immediately of the inadverte=
nt transmission. There is no intent on the part of the sender to waive any =
privilege, including the attorney-client privilege, that may attach to this=
 communication. Thank you for your cooperation. 11 U.S.C. 528(a)(4) NOTICE.=
 We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief und=
er the federal Bankruptcy Code.<br>
&gt; <a href=3D"mailto:fot@autox.team.net";>fot@autox.team.net</a><br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; <a href=3D"http://www.fot-racing.com"; target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"norefer=