fot

Re: [Fot] Seat belts

To: McKearn McKearn <mckearn2@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Seat belts
From: John Hasty <jhasty@mhc-law.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2015 13:50:13 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Cc: "fot@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>
As told to me by a buddy who raced in the 60's

Sent from my iPhone

Really John?? What period was that ?
  I was fine with just a lap belt for  a track day but in order to do another
their telling me I need to have at least a shoulder restraint added.   Does
anyone make a good quality three point system that will fit our cars?
 As for a roll cage I completely understand the need and function but I have
decided not to go much farther with performance upgrades to this car. I just
feel like it's too nice to chop all up and make a race car. I'd much rather buy
a car that has been raced or one which is in need of restoration that I won't
feel bad about chopping up a bit. Prefer GT6 but I am considering a TR6 also.
Anything out there??
                      P.J.

With no roll bar you should consider the period technique... One lap belt for
you and another on the passenger seat tightly drawn so when you flip you can
lay down across the seats and grab the passenger lap belt and hold on!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone

Hi.
 Thanks for the replies.  I'm thinking a four or five point restraint is what I
want but getting the attachment points for the shoulder belts might be tough. I
am considering welding in an attachment bracket between the rear fenderwells
and keeping it hidden below what I would call the rear seat top or cubby hole
top or whatever that area behind the seat is that currently is carpeted and
hides all the junk I put behind the seat. I thought 1.5 or 2.0 inch steel
tubing with .125 wall thickness would be more than plenty and then screwing
7/16 eye bolts to it through the carpet as attachment points. That way only the
eye bolts and the belts will be visible from above. Any thoughts?
                   P.J.

Install grade 5 eye hook bolts. Two for the lap belt and two behind the drivers
seat maybe on the rear bulkhead for the shoulder belts. Location is important.
Can't be too sharp an angle. I've done this in several street/track cars. They
work great. The rear hooks on my cars were hidden under the rear seat.  Then
buy yourself a new 4 pt harness with snap in attachments. U are good to go.  If
u want to add the 5th hook for the anti submarine strap under ur seat, go ahead
then get a 5 pt harness.

Thanks
Todd Redmond

> Hi All.
>   I'm looking to upgrade my stock seat belts(68 GT6,  the tech inspector let
> it slide but told me for the next track day I need to improve) but with it
> being mostly a street car with no roll bar I'm limited. Any suggestions?
>                          Thanks. P.J.

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic mail transmission has been sent by a
law firm on a legal matter. It may contain information that is confidential,
privileged, proprietary, or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If you
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you are not
authorized to read, print, retain, copy or disseminate this message, any part
of it, or any attachments. If you have received this message in error, please
content and notify the sender immediately of the inadvertent transmission.
There is no intent on the part of the sender to waive any privilege, including
the attorney-client privilege, that may attach to this communication. Thank you
for your cooperation. 11 U.S.C. 528(a)(4) NOTICE. We are a debt relief agency.
We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the federal Bankruptcy Code.

fot@autox.team.net