Re: Fw: spoilers

To: <dferguso@ebmail.gdeb.com>
Subject: Re: Fw: spoilers
From: "Daniel Warner" <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 05:27:19 -0800
Doug,

As of the 1st rules meeting held on 11/07 there were no changes proposed.
Rest assured that as a practice a rule is not changed because of a single
vehicle. Rules will change when it is shown that the wording is not
inclusive enough to cover all situations.

Most people will use some sort of hinge arrangement to adjust the angle of
attack of the spoiler.These vehicles will use tape to cover the gap caused
by the hinge. The reference to using plates to fill the gap between the rear
deck and the spoiler is intended to cover the situations where the trunk lid
is curved, examples would include Studebakers and RX7s.

Again, the SCTA-BNI refers to a spoiler as a single aero surface(air over
the top). A production spoiler/wing (wording by manufacturer is not
considered) is allowed in certain applications.

Dan