Re: rules

To: "Dan Warner" <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Subject: Re: rules
From: "Kim & Brad Johnson" <b091696@snowhill.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 11:48:34 -0600
Hey Dan, Chuck, John, etc...

     Lets say I have a production car.  It says no streamlining and no belly
pan(page 60).  Streamlining (page 38) talks about belly pans (item e), but
not step pans.  We've said that a step pan is not a belly pan for
classification purposes (note page 20).  So......Why can't I run a step pan,
since it is not mentioned in the definition of streamlining (a thru k on
pages 38 &39).  It doesn't direct the air under the car.  It doesn't limit
the air under the car.  It doesn't control airflow around the car or within
the car (first paragraph page 39).
     Of course, in 22 years with Uncle Sam, I've been accused before of not
understanding the BIG picture.  (references are to 99 rulebook)