Re: /MS rules

To: saltracer@awwwsome.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: /MS rules
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 11:38:03 EST
In a message dated 02/15/2000 7:18:27 AM Pacific Standard Time,
saltracer@awwwsome.com writes:

<< Group,

 In days of old, there was a no mans land of 1 cubic in between classes
 which always irritated me. (An engine is either in one class or the
 other) When I entered the 200 Mph Club, because my engine had been honed
 a few times, measured a strong 305, but less than 305.1. I was grumbLed
 at by the late Bruce Johnson. We proceeded to prepare another block
 before running again. Since that time more sensibility has prevailed and
 allowed anything under 306 as legal. I think that cooling an engine to
 keep it inside that limit would be a bit overkill though.

 Tom, Redoing CA #216 D/L

Group,
    In all fairness to the memory of my fellow Super-Fours SCTA member Bruce
Johnston, he would grumble if the sun came up in the morning.
                                                Ardun Doug in CA