Re: Flying Streamliners

To: dahlgren <dahlgren@uconect.net>, Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Flying Streamliners
From: Wester S Potter <wspotter@jps.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 10:10:33 -0700
Just spent some time with Fred Larsen talking about his #115 streamliner.
Lynn Yeakle who was an engineer at Lockheed did the body on that car.  I
have never seen Fred in trouble with the car but  I know he has had at least
one trip to the hospital in SLC after an incident on the salt.  No idea if
that was in the 'liner or the roadster.  From the way Fred has tooled that
'liner up and down the salt with no incidents in the last 14 years I'd say
an aeronautical engineer did a pretty good job on the car.  Then there is
the ground effects 'liner Roger Lessman brought to the salt with lexan
plastic skirts all the way around.  Went pretty fast and ended up flying
very well.
Wes