Re: Occupations

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Occupations
From: IfixMGs@aol.com
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 20:40:54 EST
In a message dated 11/16/00 12:00:34 AM Eastern Standard Time,
edvs@uswest.net writes:

<< aaaah, could we separate out "non-engineer, non-mechanics, non-work
 > related" and  "basically Just like Keith" into two seperate groups  :-) >>

Okay... I'm an admixture of public and Jesuit schooling: hard science and the
classics; MTV and PBS,  Jimmy Buffett and Bach,  Beavis and Butthead...   I'm
an engineering school graduate, ret'ard  navy wo, once and always MG factory
trained tech and life long neighborhood mechanic/mister fixit.
   I have a  reasonably diversified employment portfolio (PC for hard to find
my niche....)    I;ve been an MG dealer tech, gold refinery drone in the acid
room,  dynamite and egg loader, Mustang assembly line worker, Ford
engineering intern, combat search and rescue crewman, and semi-semi pro
(class A) pitcher for 2 half seasons with the  Reds,  oh, so long ago.  Until
recently, I was an  MG restoration and parts shop owner...   Lifelong LBC
nut, street rodder/drag racer (87 Mustang 5.7 on nitrous pseudo-street-legal
11's) vintage autoxer (MGB) ,  occassional LSR attendee and pit crew;   part
time speed shop employee, occassional pro-solo bar and street corner
troubador.  Die hard Wednesday night blues garage band picker, currently
employed by a high end insurance carrier doing accident investigations and
liability decisions.  I'd much rather be playing guitar between rounds at at
any race track than have to worry about what color tie to wear.... but.... my
wife recently retired as a fire-medic, and I had to go out in the cold cruel
world and eke out this meager existence... she let me live the life of a free
spirit for a long time, and did it without complaint. Now it's my turn in the
barrel.
      Mark Childers