Occupations

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Occupations
From: "Richard Fox" <v4gr@rcn.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 10:25:11 -0800
After High School, knowing nothing I decided the Army looked good. Was a
Mopool grease monkey and 5 ton wrecker driver. About the time Vietnam came
along my time was up. I always was lucky. Did assembly for Lion Metals (
shelves and such) through out Santa Clara Valley in the early sixties. Went to
some neat places. In 65 became an apprentice machinist for United Air Lines.
Went on to run boring mills, Electrolytic grinders. then tool mfg.. dept. Than
precision gage matinance. Then Plasma spray. Then got my A&P and found its
cold outside. Back to gage matinance. Then got a hobby hop working with tool
design in Components. Pay cut in '95 or so and I went back to Plasma Spray as
a Lead Mech. Then back to the Grinders as a Lead with the EDM, ELG and
Internal grinders. Had been doing some small real estate investing and at 55
bailed out of UAL. Have a few loans that are doing OK and have my Bridgeport
and lathe to play with.
First trip to salt was '66. First run was '78. First heard about Bonneville in
'55 in Rod and Custom. Ran a 260 Dodge powered Bantam altered at the drags in
the '65-'66 time. Helped with an Alfa SCCA car for a few years. Thats about
it.  Rich Fox