Re: Additives

To: saltracer@awwwsome.com
Subject: Re: Additives
From: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 06:19:43 -0500
Tom
As far as i know it is true synthetic, Castrol I believe is
a blend.. We have a guy that I have been bugging to join
this list. John Goodman, a real gentleman. He knows more
about honing and ring sealing than I suspect anyone I have
ever met. Does work for all the major auto companies and
racing engine builders right up to indy and cart cars. he
can give the low down but it is all a matter of machining
and honing methods and materials to get a race ready bore
and run pistons closer with better ring seal. he has years
of work in this field and is an international player. You
might not agree with him but I suspect you and I will be
wrong not him. When was that last time you used a microscope
to evaluate the bore finish on you engine, and yes it is
that important.
Dave Dahlgren