Re: Tire reliabilty, and traction control

To: glen barrett <speedtimer@charter.net>
Subject: Re: Tire reliabilty, and traction control
From: rtmack <RTMACK@pop3.concentric.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2001 20:53:47 -0600
Glen:
I started this thread thinking that Earl's car was a prime example of a current
trend of tire problems.  From your information below, it sounds like Earl's tire
failure may have been an anomaly, instead.  I didn't know his tires were
grooved.  As you say "The groove in the tire may well have been the whole
problem"...  In any case, we probably shouldn't be trying to include Earl's
tires in any analysis of  what is happening with the typical slicks (in the tire
analysis project that Skip and I have been discussing).  The physical and
operating characteristics are probably too different.  However, TC may help the
grooved and treaded tires, too.
Russ