Re: Tire reliabilty, and traction control

To: RTMACK@concentric.net
Subject: Re: Tire reliabilty, and traction control
From: Flowbench@aol.com
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 00:06:30 EST
In a message dated 11/30/01 6:32:29 PM Pacific Standard Time,
RTMACK@pop3.concentric.net writes:

<<   If these guys don't know how to drive a land speed
 racer, you'll have a hard time convincing me that anybody does.  Your turn.
 Russ >>

Earl had a tire blister on the run before the failure. He did change the
tires so the one's that failed were new. In hindsight Earl said he "should
have known something was wrong" The car was actually most likely lifting at
speed, this unloaded the rear and the tires then started to spin. Blisters
next. Russ there are many ways to solve problems but you need to look at each
case, As an engineer I'm sure you agree with this. This is not to say I don't
want traction control, just that we (our car) doesn't need it. To each his
own.
                        Mitech Mike car #265