Re: Tire reliabilty, and traction control

To: Flowbench@aol.com
Subject: Re: Tire reliabilty, and traction control
From: rtmack <RTMACK@pop3.concentric.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2001 01:14:09 -0600
Mike:
I've been looking in particular for your response.  Thanks for the excellent
information!  HEY, LIST-- see that about the tire blisters?  I'm not saying that
blisters can't come from overload (only)-- I really don't know whether they can
or not.  But all the blistered tires that I've had anything to do with have been
spun.
And Mike-- about that statement "to each his own"-- I completely agree.  I don't
know how anyone got the impression that I didn't.  But "to each his own" is not
allowed now with respect to TC, since there is a rule against it.
And you are right about looking at each machine as a unique case.  All are
aero-limited (more are less).  Machines that are very aero-limited need the aero
addressed (if rules permit) before anything else.  Almost all machines are also
either horsepower-limited or traction-limited (few have exactly enough
horsepower
to use all the traction available, and need no more).  The horsepower-limited
machines won't benefit much from TC.  The traction-limited ones need to have the
tires and downforce (and suspension, if they have one) optimized as much as
possible, before going further.  If there is still a traction problem after
that,
I think the option of TC should be considered.
Russ Mack