Re: Anotherr race date on the salt?

To: "Joe Amo" <jkamo@rapidnet.com>,
Subject: Re: Anotherr race date on the salt?
From: "glen barrett" <speedtimer@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 15:13:40 -0800
Joe. Louis,List
LSR is much like the early days. I am thankful for that.Our sport is unique
in the fact that only the racer keeps it together. Any Media coverage is
enjoyed as long as it's not negative. I spend many hours each week looking
at old books, magazines, films, tapes and tons of old photos.

Being one of the lucky few to be there in the early 50s through the present
years I have seen a lot of high dollar vehicles on the salt, but it's the
real hot rodder that comes back every year. The environment of the comforts
of a big race facility is not there for the lakes or Bonneville.

One has to be a little tough to handle it year after year under many adverse
weather conditions. The factory types really don't like the conditions of
working under a tent and not having the front of the line privileges.

The racers know going in it's not a fast moving pace like drag racing. It
takes a little longer to run five miles and shutting down, clearing the
course and assuring the next in line it's his turn and the course is his
alone till he's done.
So we wait our turn and we put on our show for our racers. Any Media ink or
film is an added bonus.
Glen