Re: Spec Gas

To: ardunbill@webtv.net
Subject: Re: Spec Gas
From: Joe Amo <jkamo@rap.midco.net>
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2002 16:34:36 -0700
Bill, thats just it "you cant tell what is best"  until you (
metaphorically speaking)  "gain the knowledge
of how to pick and choose wisely"..........and or gain the knowledge of
how to make tuning changes based on what you are seeing from data
acq or any other tuning aid..........

I would surmise that the supplier can guarantee the fuel characteristics
 from year to year to a very high degree,  the "air" from year to year
 day to day, and hour to hour poses the same dilemma,  what ever
type of data acq is utilized (old school or new school) is only as useful
as the guy behind it ..........

Bill, to me this is all a huge COLLABORATIVE effort,  the engine
builder, tuner, right foot/wrist, AND fuel supplier NEED to be talking
to each other

I say again Rick Gold is a huge asset to us all, as he works with racers
of all walks
of life and basically through their dyno's and track time as this type
of feedback is relayed to
him

Joe :)