Re: Carmaro Junk ... Where's your stuff?

To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>
Subject: Re: Carmaro Junk ... Where's your stuff?
From: Ed Van Scoy <ed@vetteracing.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 10:16:37 -0700
Sounds like life is good in Ala..........Working on the Camaro
HAS to be more fun than shagging fony rox all over the South
;-)  Just puttering here... Put 3.45 gears in the Vette
yesterday, if I can get the motor to the red line that will be
good for 241 mph. Realistic goal is to move record for B/GT
into the mid 230's . "Course, as long as I don't have pistons
 it's all academic.... The new rule changes don't effect me as
I have had a full net since '96 and of course race seat &
restraints.  Will be adding another cross-bar to the cage this
week-end. Don't think it's really necessary but I've got the
"gig" in my log book and can't run 'till it's done. My cage
was designed by Rick & Nolan White & I trust their extensive
knowledge (with my life) but oh well, that's what tech
inspectors are for (keep us alive). Part of the "problem" (in
my humble opinion) is that Production cars make Inspectors
nervous, especially when they start going fast. Many, Many,
safety provisions just aren't feasible or possible on certain
Pro cars without moving them into the Modified class.........
 Would like to hear other opinions on this. How about some
direction from some of you tech guys about the specific
problems of "Production" cars (over 200 inspection)
ed  (wake up Uncle Brad, your phone's ringing)