Re: Another Quirky Question

To: W S Potter <wester6935@attbi.com>, DrMayf <drmayf@teknett.com>,
Subject: Re: Another Quirky Question
From: Glenn Ridlen <gridlen@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 02:11:15 -0800 (PST)
We use a tow strap but we have a pretty big crew. Always someone willing to
jump in the the car and steer and brake. In many cases it's me. Only thing
wrong with it Is if the driver gets in the tow truck you miss out on the story
about how the run went. You just have to insist on a retelling when you get
back to the pits or impound. The other big drawback is if Bernie is driving the
tow truck you can expect to get your ass chewed about your braking technique,
but with a little practice even I have learned to do it to his satisfaction.
LOL. I also think it is a good opportunity to get used to the sounds and feel
of the car (or truck in our case) so you have that much under your belt when
comes your turn to drive. The tow bar eliminates a lot of problems especially
the braking. Believe me I have been there.... spastic tow truck driver (not
talking about Bernie here) and rear only brakes on the race car. Just takes a
little more time to hook up unless you have one of those hitches that move all
around til you start to tow.

                 Glenn

              Glenn
 W S Potter <wester6935@attbi.com> wrote: Mayf,

What's wrong with a good tow strap? A convenient hook and a bumper hitch
and you're on your way. The old KISS principle. Works for Ed Van Scoy.
Doesn't hurt the car to have a driver both ways and it's a lot quicker to
get off the course so the next car can run. A good push bar also is simple
and functions well for lots of cars.

Wes