Re: Re: One engine

To: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>, Richard Fox <v4gr@rcn.com>,
Subject: Re: Re: One engine
From: <wmtsmith@landracing.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 20:05:54 -0500
I used to work on them---at one time in the eary '60s 90% of the propane
transports in Tx. were those things--the oil companies gave free propane to the
transports as "overage" when they stopped it was amazing how fast they
deaappeared. got about 3mpg.

712 cu in
Best as I remember 275 hp @2800 around 500+ torque at 1800 rpm 4 heads two
intakes on crank one cam --two headed distribitor wmts
They used 5 sp trans didn't need two speed rears for hwy use used 3 speed rears
for on-off