Re: Dry sump

To: Richard Fox <v4gr@rcn.com>, DrMayf <drmayf@teknett.com>,
Subject: Re: Dry sump
From: Glenn Ridlen <gridlen@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 15:02:10 -0800 (PST)
Richard
So, your oil pump is external?   belt driven?   but not a dry sump???

   Glenn
 Richard Fox <v4gr@rcn.com> wrote:I don't know anything about any of this but I
do run a preoiler on motors I
assemble, using a Mellings 460 Ford oil pump and my 3/8s drill motor. With
the engine stopped I get 80 psi pretty fast, and oil to the rockers so I
assume everywhere else. Also on my "oddball" twin plug Ply , I run the fuel
pump off the oil pump (Weaver Bros.) Should the belt break it should run out
of fuel first. If you were running an electric fuel pump you could wire it
with the electric oil pump and get the same deal. Rich Fox