Re: Dry sump

To: "Glenn Ridlen" <gridlen@yahoo.com>, "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>,
Subject: Re: Dry sump
From: "Richard Fox" <v4gr@rcn.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 17:25:02 -0800
----- Original Message -----
From: "Glenn Ridlen" <gridlen@yahoo.com>
To: "Richard Fox" <v4gr@rcn.com>; "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>;
<land-speed@autox.team.net>
Sent: Sunday, January 26, 2003 03:02 PM

> Richard
> So, your oil pump is external?   belt driven?   but not a dry sump???

Glenn
>  Richard Fox <v4gr@rcn.com> wrote:I don't know anything about any of this
but I do run a preoiler on motors I
> assemble, using a Mellings 460 Ford oil pump and my 3/8s drill motor.
Glenn; Yes I have a single stage belt driven external  pump on the Ply. This
was caused by the very small stock '32 pump being broken. If you wanted to
fuse a electric pump and run the ignition off the same fuse it seems like it
would be pretty much the same.      Rich