rear steer

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: rear steer
From: john robinson <john@engr.wisc.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 08:50:09 -0500
gotta get my oar in.....rear steer yahhoooo!
somebody want to quote me the rule that says rear steer not allowed? my
rule book is at home....ping me at my email, as I get the digest
I also think its driver rather than car. it has been done before
re:Dymaxion, just gotta learn to steer it. look at how many of the
motorcycle streamliners fall over, should we stop them too? (that is a
sarcastic and rhetorical question, do NOT think I want to stop them as I
want to try that class too) I do think the Thrust had serious directional
problems due to the engine thrust causing off line steering, as to worm and
pinion, I do not think steering needs to be slowed down that much and yes
the driver position should be forward as much as possible, even ahead of
the front wheels, although he needs some visual directional cues if nothing
else a lance sticking out the front of the vehicle. cool Mayf, how much for
a ride?

           John Robinson, Mechanician
   Mechanical Engineering University of Wisconsin
                 1513 University Ave.
                  Madison, Wi. 53706
                     608-262-3606
            Current World Land Speed Record Holder
                  Bonneville Salt Flats
           H/GCC 92 cu.in. 1980 Dodge Colt
                  144.396 MPH set 2000
       MPS-PG 441 c.c. 1967 BSA Victor Motorcycle
                     95.193 MPH set 2001
                 Antarctic Ice Driller Oct02-Jan03