Re: rear steer

To: Nt788@aol.com
Subject: Re: rear steer
From: john robinson <john@engr.wisc.edu>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 07:34:12 -0500
where were you sitting in that prototype? how far from the front wheels?
how far from the rear wheels? what was the vehicle weight? how much weight
on the front wheels? on the rear? did you still have pilot induced
oscillation? was that vehicle fwd? what size/hp motor? turbo?if very high
hp or turbo, could that have been a contributing factor in the inability to
steer? (causing too fast a response for the driver to control?) I'll bet me
and mayf would like to see pics....video would be even better....

At 05:26 PM 9/24/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>In a message dated 9/24/2003 6:58:29 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
>john@engr.wisc.edu writes:
>
><< .ping me at my email, as I get the digest
>  I also think its driver rather than car. it has been done before  >>
>One phase of my prototype I designed understeer instead of the inherent
>oversteer,and couldn't tell if it was steering from front or rear! It
>could work if
>needed for a specific application. Yadayada, ect.ect. Jack

           John Robinson, Mechanician
   Mechanical Engineering University of Wisconsin
                 1513 University Ave.
                  Madison, Wi. 53706
                     608-262-3606
            Current World Land Speed Record Holder
                  Bonneville Salt Flats
           H/GCC 92 cu.in. 1980 Dodge Colt
                  144.396 MPH set 2000
       MPS-PG 441 c.c. 1967 BSA Victor Motorcycle
                     95.193 MPH set 2001
                 Antarctic Ice Driller Oct02-Jan03