Re: rear steer

To: john@engr.wisc.edu, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: rear steer
From: Nt788@aol.com
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 10:45:13 EDT
I also planned my 1st liner that way. I made a rolling test bed with
adjustable rake and trail. I found the most stable was 30deg. rearward rake and
0deg.
trail. With a long WB and slow steering it might have worked. I would consider
this a starting point. When you can define "over steer " you will see the
inherent problem. When I input "understeer" the rearsteer feel was
eliminated---
but the tripod tipped over! I think it would work on a rectangle layout. I
would recommend an adjustable test bed! A lot of work for a big maybe! Good
Luck
Jack