Re: Whatever did we do before Mig welders?

To: "Ed Van Scoy" <edvs@yahoo.com>, "James Tone" <James.Tone@AES.com>,
Subject: Re: Whatever did we do before Mig welders?
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 16:20:05 -0600
I was using several different setting's.... from 60-150 amps with most being
in the 70-75amp range...

And I should mention that I did have the opportunity to see you in action
with a stick.... I was astounded with your ability to stick weld sheet metal
to 1/4" angle... ( my trailer fender )....  totally amazed me that someone
could actually make a stick welder work..... now after some practice It
leaves me Astounded with the skill...... but like I said.... unless I was
doing farm equipment I'll stick to the Mig or Tig.... both are far better
anwers... and somewhat easier......

By the way... Gas welding really does help with Tig skills...  Stick welding
once it's started reminds me of ... ahhh Nothing... other then mud
dobbing... ( which in my case would most likely be better )

Keith