Re: Whatever did we do before Mig welders?

To: Nt788@aol.com, land-speed@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Whatever did we do before Mig welders?
From: LGMCAFEE@aol.com
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 08:49:02 EST
In a message dated 12/21/2004 4:38:47 A.M. Central Standard Time,
Nt788@aol.com writes:

I  have watched a 1" thick steel spiral wound 80"dia. pipe being  welded in
single continuous pass with a Lincoln idealarc submerged arc 1/8th  dia.wire
feed (mig). everything has good and bad points.  jack

So have I but not in a nuke plant. If I had only one welding machine it
wouldn't be a wire feed. I have one that sits in the corner most of the time.
I'll take a DC welding machine for stick with a $40.00 Tig torch anyday. What
mig did to welding was make people think they were welders. Don't get me wrong
they are great for some things but what I have against them is they can make a
 good looking weld but you can knock off the piece with a hammer.
Larry Mac