RE: Whatever did we do before Mig welders?

To: <Nt788@aol.com>, <kturk@ala.net>, <edvs@yahoo.com>, <James.Tone@AES.com>,
Subject: RE: Whatever did we do before Mig welders?
From: "Dave Dahlgren" <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 14:40:13 -0500
I always thought there are good welder operators and some that are not.
seems like a lot of things were made before a tig welder was invented.. I am
willing to bet there are a lot of stick welders that can put a typical tig
operator to shame especially the hobbyist type like most of us. I bought a
tig welder so I could tack things and smarter people could weld them until I
happen to either get very good at it or it is silly bracket for something
around the shop that hot glue would have been enough. I have done a lot of
engineering for rods and gas for my products but don't claim to know more
than what I remembered from reading. i think i will stay away from politics,
religion and lubrication ..
Dave