Re: Whatever did we do before Mig welders?

To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>, James Tone <James.Tone@AES.com>,
Subject: Re: Whatever did we do before Mig welders?
From: Ed Van Scoy <edvs@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 18:48:11 -0800 (PST)
150 amps! Shades of the 4th of July ;-) Thanks for the
kind words, but remember, I burned the 1st hole in
your fender ;0  I'm sure you have seen documentaries
about the Kaiser shipyards and the Liberty Ships....
Those people burned rods as fast as the apprentices
could fetch them! Quite a sight, and quite a feat.
Think how much faster they could have built them with
a wire-feed (and a 6-foot spool of wire).... And
Larry, you are right-on about pipes.... At one time,
my best friend worked on the Alaska Pipeline and
others. Although a welder with every certification you
could get, they stick-welded the pipes...sometimes on
both sides.
Ed