Re: Whatever did we do before Mig welders?

To: <LGMCAFEE@aol.com>, <Nt788@aol.com>, <land-speed@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Whatever did we do before Mig welders?
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 07:04:22 -0800
I second LArry Mac's note. The most complaints are that the bead looks good,
but has no penetration. It just lays on top of the metals being joined and
while looking good is failure bound. I too like stick for major strrength of
welds in plain old iron or steel and big TIG for stainless. Father in Law
worked in Diablo Canyou as it was being built and they used TIG only for the
large steam pipes. Preheated the crap out of everything then used really big
hig amperage TIG with helium for quality welds.

mayf, off planet in Pahrump