Re: FW: Water Fuel for automobiles

To: <saltracer@awwwsome.com>, <Askotto@aol.com>
Subject: Re: FW: Water Fuel for automobiles
From: "joseph lance" <jolylance@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 23:47:17 -0400
Hi Guys;

There are two ways to make hydrogen--1. reforming of natural gas or some
other hydrocarbon fuel, and 2. electrolysis of water.
1. can be used on board a fuel cell car to reform gasoline or diesel. Most
hydrogen is made by reforming.
2. electrolysis of water takes so much electrical energy that the resulting
hydrogen is an "energy carrier" and not really a separate "fuel"---it just
converts electricity into a transportation fuel. Only a small fraction of
hydrogen is presently made this way.

Years ago we had two "inventors" show up at Westinghouse with a car that ran
on water, they demonstrated pouring water into the "tank" and water dripping
out the exhaust pipe, but wouldn't share any technical details---just
offered us an opportunity to make a ground-floor investment. Don't know if
they ever became successful enough to go to jail.

I missed the national news announcement---was it on the Katie Couric science
program?

Lance