Re: New MGs and Minis in America?

To: "The Richards" <smrm@coastalnet.com>, "mgs" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: New MGs and Minis in America?
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 97 11:49:41 -0400
Hello??? The Richards

>You ain't had no thrill like being passed by a big rig hauling THREE
>trailers at 90mph! Makes most econoboxes bounce like discarded toys.
>
>Michael, New Bern, NC
>67 MGB, made for the twisties
>74 Jensen Interceptor, grand tourer
>Series III Land-Rover, dirtier the better
Since you are from NC (no place on the east coast w/70 mph speed limit,
far as I can tell) I unnerstan' I was down in NC and was cruisin' in the
Midget about 72-75 and getting passed by - uh - just about ever'body.
Couldn't even notice the extra wind (had a Caravan once - Sheesh). Used
to cruise in WY with a couple of friends that had a BMW (4 cyl bike
version) and a Harley. They told me that on the interstate they ride
close to the midline and let the "bow wave" push them to the side. and
that's why they didn't ride side by side. I was was in the 75 midget at
the time and the only comment they made was when, after a stop, the
sunglasses from the guy riding the Harley fell off right in front of me
(w/ a CJ-7 right beside me) I swerved to miss the glasses, with out
changing lanes (L and I mean L BC's are great). They said I should have
to wear a helmet 'cuz it handles as quick as a MC but with 4 wheels.

Larry Macy
78 Midget