Re: LBC Safety

To: terry bettinger <tbett@tir.com>
Subject: Re: LBC Safety
From: Pat Bailey <pbailey@qnet.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 1997 20:28:35 -0700
While I agree that seatbelts are probably better worn.I had an accident
where NOT wearing seat belts
was much better!I had a head on collision in a Dodge D-50 pickup in 1984 I
suffered a broken jaw and a slight concussion and some aches and pains.I
still don't remember the accident but I was either throw to the floor or
dove there,after I got out of the hospital i went to look at the truck and
the steering wheel was up against the seat!I am convinced I would have been
hurt much worse if I had been trapped behind the wheel,there wasn't any seat
belt laws back then and I never wore them I used to think that if someone
came across the line at me I would "dive for the cellar"I imagine this is
what I did putting the engine between me and the oncoming  car I wear belts
now (it's the law) But I always wondered if I could have sued the state for
making me wear them if I had gotten hurt worse?I use belts in the MG all the
time it makes sense in an open car but I feel it should be MY right to do
it,not some a%%#hol in Sacramento...
Pat