Re: Smog-legal webers? (was Advice to newcomer..) -Reply

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Smog-legal webers? (was Advice to newcomer..) -Reply
From: Kenneth Scott <KSCOTT@HOLYCROSS.EDU>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 08:33:45 -0400
Hi,
        I am "enamored" with the Weber down-draft carb.  My
affection is due to experience, not theory.  I replaced my
single Zenith with the down-draft.  My fuel efficiency improved
markedly (best trip, 34+ MPG, about town, 25+ MPG).  I
autocross (infrequently, admittedly) and have not been
beaten by a 4 cylinder MGB of any vintage (I am not so vain
as to attribute this to my own talent).  The carb was set up
by an old mechanic who has worked on MGs since the mid
fifties.  He got it right the first time and I have done NOTHING
other than to clean it regularly.  I may just be lucky but I am
very satisfied with my rubber bumper B with the Weber down
draft.  YMMV

Ken Scott
77 MGB