Re: Smog-legal webers? (was Advice to newcomer..)

To: "Christopher Delling" <saschris@flash.net>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Smog-legal webers? (was Advice to newcomer..)
From: "Robert Allen" <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 13:01:03 -0500
To <snip> The California Air Resources Board (CARB) has certified the DGV
equipped with an automatic choke as meeting emissions requirements . . .
still required are a catalytic converter, and all other relevant smog
equipment.

Now, looking through my piles of relevant information, I am unable to find
the original source.  That said, my advice would be to confirm this through
some other source. <snip>
*********
Pierce Manifolds Inc
8901 Murray Avenue, Gilroy, CA 95020
(408) 842-6667
fax (408) 842-6673

Back when I was fiddling with the DCOE's on my C/GT, I gave these folks some
money for little, brass, pieces of machined gold. At the time their catalog
listed complete kits for Webers including the DGV with manifold, filter, and
EPA/CA smog certificate numbers. If anyone is interested in a smog-legal
carb alternative, you might at least burn off some long distance and request
their catalog.

I think these are the guys that actually cast the cross-flow aluminum
cylinder head that was designed and is wholesaled by Steve Darby at British
Automotive (http://www.mgbmga.com/)

Pierce Manifolds has no web presence that I'm aware of but a search comes up
with http://www.esper.com/cltg/fiat/webers.htm in Knoxville, TN who says
they are a reseller of Pierce products.

Gilroy (the Garlic Capital of the World) is about 30 miles south of San
Jose, CA on 101.

Oddly enough, there is a URL http://webercarburetors.com/ which points to
"Performance Parts Warehouse" out in Hauppauge, NY. I also tried to deal
with these guy a few years ago and found them, ah, difficult to work with.
("We don't have catalogs. What part number you want?") Their Web site says
they also offer DGV kits.

Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69CGT, '75TR6