Re: Possible Fuel injection for the MGB?

To: Jethogger@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Possible Fuel injection for the MGB?
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 16:13:52 EST
In a message dated 08/02/02 1:01:10 PM Pacific Standard Time, Jethogger
writes:

> Hello Bill.  Well, put.  I don't see why someone just doesn't design a new
> multi port injection head. The money they put in that alumummm B head. Was
> wrong direction. My two cents.  John,  Flintstone, GA

Yup - the non-crossflow head is a dead end no matter what material it is made
from.

The crossflow head could easily be modified for port injection, but there is
no market out there to fund that sort of playing about.

The number of people willing to actually pull out their wallets and pony up
for stuff like that is vanishingly small, and rightly so if you think about
it - what the hell are you going to do with it - drive it on the street (it
sure ain't race legal) and get blown away, albeit by a bit less of a margin
than with a stock engine, by the latest German or Japanese pocket rocket.

The Moss move to convert a California model to injection and keep it legal
may sell a few units, but I have to wonder if you owned such a car whether
you wouldn't be better off to just keep the stock set-up working properly;
you certainly wouldn't be doing the mod for power, when you could get far and
away more power from the earlier cars.

Bill

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list