Re: Lets keep Will Happy

To: "Bob Nogueira" <nogera@prodigy.net>,
Subject: Re: Lets keep Will Happy
From: "Steve Bauserman" <sbauserm@actsnet.com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 07:34:47 -0500
Bob:

Thanks for the info on the back seat.  I plan on pulling things out of the
boot this weekend and measuring it. I will get back to you then.

Regarding your thread on where we found out Morgan.

My story is a sad one. Mine was purchased here in Houston.  My car belonged
to and was restored by Frank Trotter.  Frank passed away last fall.  Joe
Hamilton of Hamilton Motorsport had the car and called it to my attention
at the MOGMOG Christmas party.  We purchased the car about a month later.

I went (as you may remember) through the pains of debating with myself and
my wife as to whether I wanted or needed a project car or one ready to
drive.  In the past I have always bought projects (MGB, Renault 15, Pontiac
GTO, Mercedes 300SEL, in order from simple to complicated).  I have wanted
a Morgan for 20 years, but never could find one or one came available in
the middle of another project.  So, finally, we decided it was Morgan time
(kind of like Miller time only it costs more).  I have looked at several
cars from basket cases in boxes that have not run for twenty years to
restored and ready to drive home.  I chickened out and went for restored
and ready to drive home.

That does not mean I have had nothing to do though!  Everything has been
simple stuff, nothing major.  Most of it is related to the car sitting
still for several months not running.

On my first test drive the little tube that the fuel hose attaches to on
the webber carb came out of the carb body.  End of foward motion.  Actually
I had some warning, my wife and I smelled gas and power dropped off about
10 seconds prior to the engine going dead.  I told my wife, "Hey its a
British car, its  part of the adventure of owning one."  Got a real
interesting look on that one.

Now if it would just stop rainning so I can drive the thing.  I mean
sitting in the garage in the car with the garage door up and the engine
running is just not the same thing.

Have a good time on you trip.

Steve Bauserman
67 Morgan 4/4