Re: Lets keep Will Happy

To: Bob Nogueira <nogera@prodigy.net>
Subject: Re: Lets keep Will Happy
From: Jeremy Edwards <jeremy@jmemee.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 25 May 1997 20:57:07 +0100
Bob Nogueira <nogera@prodigy.net> writes
>-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #3.1a ] --
>
>Gee, all  the  Morgans must be running great,  since no posts = no problems.
>
>If this keeps up we're all going to get one of those withdrawal notes from
>Will .
>
>So here's the start of a thread which everyone can participate.
>
>How I Came to Find my Morgan

I guess this will be different, all of the responses I have seen so far
have been from the USA- I am in the UK, with the advantages this gives
of getting an LBC.

My parents tell me that I have always had a car fasination, dispite the
family getting it's first car, a 1969 Morris Mini Traveller in 1971. My
grandfather, an aircraft engineer, always had interesting cars and he
taught me a lot about maintenance and the like.

I've wanted a Morgan since I was 12 and I visited the factory with the
above grandfather.

I looked for a suitable car for nearly two years, until June 1991 and
looked at probably 20 cars until I bought PUY996L. Some were too rotten,
others too expensive, some bent but every one had at least one thing
wrong. In the UK between 1988 and 1991, collectors car prices had gone
crazy, so the UKP8500 I paid for a car needing a new chassis in 2-3
years was a bit steep compared to todays prices.

Some UKP9000 later, two rebuilds, (one rot, the second due to accident
damage), 40 000 miles, I still have the car and still love it. Problems
will occur when I come to the top of the list, sometime this or next
year, for a new one- with all that new fangled electrical gubbins, I'd
not be able to fix it.

The car has been modified a bit, so the spec is now:
        1972 4/4 1600, Formula Ford block and head, fast road cam and
        rejetted weber carb. Tubular exhaust maniford and straight
        through silencer. 5 speed Sierra box
        Rosso Red body in aluminium, GRP wings, scuttle roll bar,
        tubular shocker rear end, 4 seater springs.

Now fast and reliable- but like all Morgans likes to shake bolts loose.

I'd love a TR engined +4, a series I 4/4 and any three wheeler, but
they'll all have to wait.
--
Jeremy Edwards
1972 Morgan 4/4 2 str