Re: Lets keep Will Happy

To: "BradFarr@aol.com" <BradFarr@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Lets keep Will Happy
From: Bob Nogueira <nogera@prodigy.net>
Date: Tue, 27 May 97 02:03:06 -0500
-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #3.1a ] --

Brad;
 Sorry I'm slow getting back to you, been putting the final touches on the
Dutchess for the Alaska trip  ( six days and a wake up ) .

The cars sits out there with 35,125 miles on the odometer ( on its's second
pass) .  Add to that 24000 which was lost when I had the speedo rebuilt and
they set it back 24000 miles.   When I bought it the odometer showed 26,000
miles, which I figure was fairly accurate since she was still wearing the
original Dunlop Gold seal tires and the engine was in very good shape with
very little wear.  I also know that Steve, who I bought it from had
purchased it in 1969 and only drove it 6 miles .
The major problem was the fact that it had been in a very bad wreak, and
some "Cowboy" had done the repair.  While the car was disassembled when I
bought it, all of the wood pieces on one side were pine and very poorly made
, The fenders had  some places with 1/2 inch of filler and the chassis had
been cut at the first cross member and the front of another chassis had been
welded in place ( poorly)
Actually the last piece I replaced during the restoration was the chassis.
After painting and finishing  I found that I was not going down the road
straight because the left side of the chassis was one inch longer than the
right.
Since finishing her restoration I have driven  her regularly and try to do
one major job per year in addition to the regular maintenance.
I've driven it in every state except Alaska, So Dakota, Wyoming and So.
Carolina.  This trip will knock three of those off the list .

Bob Nogueira