Re: [oletrucks] Paint info

To: dkrehbiel@kscable.com (Deve Krehbiel)
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Paint info
From: Tom3600@webtv.net
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 08:26:06 -0500 (EST)
Deve -

Because an Epoxy Primer is so darn hard it is difficult to sand but it
is sandable.  They also usually are slightly less flat.  Both the
hardness and the sheen are part of what gives an epoxy primer it's
excellent corrosion resistance.  (Besides the epoxy resin)  I would use
the SW self etching primer/filler product for the first and subsequent
coats to fill the metal surface and then follow up with the epoxy
primer.  You could also check with SW or PPG and see if they make an
epoxy primer that is easier to sand.   Be careful when the label says
"epoxy" because sometimes it is just "epoxy modified" primer which is
less costly but inferior to true epoxy primers.  Also there are both one
package and two package (with catalyst) epoxy primer systems.
If anybody has hands on experience using these products it is you, Deve.

Tom

Tom Poterack
Moline, IL.
'49 Chevy Pickup Retro Rod