[oletrucks] master cylinder

To: oletrucks@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [oletrucks] master cylinder
From: wayne osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 05:36:30 -0400
Finally gonna bit the bullet and get front disk brakes, gonna go the
non-power route. For those who have done this, when mounting the master
cylinder on the bracket, appears this would move the entire unit to the
rear quiet a bit. How do you handle adding fluid as it appears it may be
past the hole in the floorboard for adding fluid. What ingenious methods do
you use to add fluid.
Appears I'm going with Jim Carter on this one for the purchase, I can get
the entire kit,including all hardware for a bit over 500.  My reasoning is:
I need to rebuilt the brakes, I put a rebuild kit in the master cylinder
last year but feel a full replacement is now necessary, also checked wheel
cylinder prices for the front--about 40 apiece. I need new lines and want
to put the taper bearing on so adding all this up for just a bit more I can
put the disc brakes on....
--wayne

Wayne Osborne
http://www.chevytrucks.org