Weird brake question # 163

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Weird brake question # 163
From: "Pim Alferink" <p.alferink3@chello.nl>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 21:42:41 +0200
Jim,
I have had the same phenomenon for as long as I drive the car. In my case it
has nothing to do with changing camber of the wheels or "loose" hubs since I
rebuild the front and rear suspension over the years without the braking
behaviour changing at all. In my case I am quite certain it is the rear brake
pads that relocate while braking when backing up. Apparently the relocation
causes the piston to be located in a different "rest"position after the
braking. This may have to do with the radius of the pads (I already changed
them to no avail, the new ones having the same radius) being different from
the inner drum radius.
Pim
Pimento '73